The Transformation Office is tasked with driving the transformation agenda for Affin Hwang Capital by developing its corporate strategy, being champions of change, challenging the status quo and continuous improvement. In practical terms, we enact the transformation agenda via delivery of strategic initiatives across the bank.
To bring forth both business and digital transformation, our department is divided into corporate strategy, project management, digital enablement and change management teams. We strive to be customer-centric, value-driven, objective and collaborative in our ways of working
with our internal and external stakeholders.
The Vice President, Corporate Strategy is tasked with supporting the Head of Transformation Office to conceptualise and execute Affin Hwang’s bank-wide corporate strategy, consistent with the bank’s overall vision, mission, and objectives. As a part of the corporate strategy team, the Vice President, Corporate Strategy will also constantly monitor the bank’s overall corporate performance as well as ensure that key strategic initiatives drive growth and value.
• Support the Head of Transformation in development and execution of the bank’s overall corporate strategy and long term objectives
• Perform data / financial analysis and market intelligence in order to support strategic hypotheses
• Perform market research and competitor analysis in order to refine the corporate strategy on an ongoing basis
• Support the development of the Corporate Scorecard and its implementation as KPIs across the bank
• Monitor and manage the performance of divisions and departments against the Corporate Scorecard / KPIs
• Develop communications and material that are related to the bank’s corporate strategy, e.g. annual reports, investor relations, townhalls
• Build relationships with key management and leaders within the bank to align on corporate strategy
• Communicate analysis and recommendations to the corporate strategy in both oral and written mediums
• Minimum 5 years in strategy consulting, management consulting or proven track record in business development / management
• MBA degree from a top tier academic institution is preferred
• Experience in Financial Services (Investment Banking & Securities) is highly preferred
• Knowledge across business strategy, finance, marketing, operations, and data analytics
• Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal
• Leadership & project management skills, with the ability to maintain presence and composure when interacting with senior management
• Willingness and ability to take initiative and learn independently
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel